- Optimized step-by-step courses,
drills, sentence drills, article drills
and a typing game.
- On-screen keyboards with hands
highlighting the key and finger to use.
- Courses for Qwerty, Dvorak
and single-handed Dvorak keyboards.
- Multi-user support. Family members
could share the same copy of the product.
- Extension to other alphabetic languages,
keyboard layouts and customizable typing courses for schools.
- Client/Server Edition providing
centralized user management and course management. (Net Edition)
Please have a look at a few Screenshots
review at PC World.
In addition, there are free companion
tools for teachers to customize the courses and the layouts.
Philosophy behind KP Typing Tutor
Is KP Typing Tutor another typing tutor while
there are many around? From certain point of view, yes, since KP Typing Tutor
consists of all common elements of a good typing tutor. All popular tying tutors
consist of the following elements:
* Courses of finger placements.
* Courses of full sentences.
* Courses of multi-line text.
* On-screen keyboard and hands
* Typing Games
* Monitoring functions and statistic functions
In addition, all popular typing tutors including
KP Typing Tutor are committed to serving the training of beginners, young kids,
and two-finger typists. Depending on the philosophy behind the development of a
typing tutor product, the imposing of monitoring functions varies from product
There are some special approaches in the way of
how KP Typing Tutor help users:
* The user interfaces are very intuitive so the users can start the learning
* The users may depend on more feeling rather than thinking when they learn
finger placements, just as how they would learn to drive.
* Most users will be able to finish the learning of finger placements within 10
hours, they will either use the typing tutor to continue to practice, or just
practice at work.
* The world is very diversified. Considering the diversification of cultures,
the contents of practices are adjustable.
* Kids of different ages may get different contents of courses.
* To support diversifications of courses, KP Typing Course Generator as a
companion tool is provided to teachers who want to customize the courses.
With these approaches, KP Typing Tutor is very
flexible and extensible. Many people learned to use Dvorak keyboard layouts with
the help of KP Typing Tutor. Some teachers are using KP Typing Tutor to teach
spelling. Recent enhancements on KP Typing Course Generator and KP Typing Game
have been done to further assist teaching spelling for dyslexia students.
The author of KP Typing Tutor is not a native
English speaker, he treats every alphabetic languages equally. So all products of
KP Typing Tutor series can handle most alphabetic languages and most keyboard